Ages ago -- like back in 2012 -- I joined the Great Granny Along. The blocks were a lot of fun to make and I stitched up most of them in a frenzy. Then they sat in a pile for months.
After much procrastination, I cut the strips I needed to join them together and got stitching. It took me ages because of an unfounded fear. I thought that when I stitched the blocks -- which were on the bias -- to the strips, there would be lots of stretching and problems. In reality, it took a few more pins then I usually use, but nothing bad happened at all.
Another 6 months or so passed while I contemplated a border. I knew I wanted one because of the bias thing, but wasn't sure if plain or fancy was the way to go. In the end I opted for plain and in only a couple of hours it was finished.
Thank you to Maddie for trying to hold up this quilt. She's been growing like a weed, but this quilt was still just a tiny bit to big for her reach.
As a side note... I tried to find the page for the quilt along, but things seem to have moved around in the last 2 years (go figure) and I ended up at a lot of broken links. The flickr group still exists here.